My name is Daniel Suess and I am a PhD student in quantum information theory studying at the Institute of Theoretical Physics at the University of Cologe.
I use this site to maintain a somewhat up-to-date overview over my academic work and some personal projects.
- 2018 – Present Data Scientist @ Silverpond
- 2015 – 2018 Doctoral Candidate (continuation) in the group of D. Gross @ University of Cologne.
- 2017 Visiting researcher in the group of S. Flammia and S. Bartlett @ University of Sydney
- 2014 – 2015 Doctoral Candidate in the group of D. Gross @ University of Freiburg.
- 2014 Researcher in the group of A. Eisfeld @ MPIPKS Dresden.
- 2014 Visiting researcher in the group of H. Wiseman @ Griffith University, Brisbane. Supported by Leonardo Scholarship.
- 2008 – 2013 Diploma in Theoretical Physics in the group of W. Strunz @ Dresden Technical University. Thesis: Hierarchy of Quantum Trajectories applied to Photosynthetic Complexes [pdf] [git]
If that’s not enough, here is a more complete CV.